Friday 28 August 2015

“Ministers Need our Prayers too”

Apostle Paul, in his letter “to the saints in Ephesus” wrote,

“Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.” [Ephesians 6:19]

And to the Corinthians he wrote,

“…as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.” [2 Corinthians 1:11]

We are to pray for our ministers, preachers, priests, teachers, prophets, missionaries and all others whom God has called, assigned, anointed and ordained, that they will go forth in His power. 


Apostle Paul exhorted the church to pray for its leaders. And today, nothing has changed; it is our responsibility, as believers, to pray for those whom God has placed to lead us. Understand that when we pray for them, we become spiritually united with them in the job that God has called them to do, through the power of prayer.

Keep in mind that because you are the righteousness of God in Christ your prayers are “powerful and effective” (see James 5:16) and can result in the salvation of many.

Amen †

“Ministers Need our Prayers too” ©2013 Shelley Johnson 19-Jun-13

No comments:

Post a Comment