Friday 28 October 2016

Prayer Focus: Pulling Down Strongholds – Time to be Bold


“I use God’s mighty weapons, not those made by men, to knock down the devil’s strongholds.”
(2 Corinthians 10:4 TLB)


Lord I pray that You would set me free from anything that holds me other than You. Deliver me from any memory of the past that has the power to control me or keep me trapped in its grip. Teach me how to forgive, especially anyone who has hurt me, so that unforgiveness will not be able to hold me captive. 

Set me free from everything that keeps me from being all that You created me to be. Protect me from the plans of the enemy, and cause me to always remember that no-one including the evil one can affect the deliverance and healing You want to bring about in my life, after all, Your Word declares that, no plan or purpose of Yours can be thwarted (Job 42:2).

Restore all that has been stolen from me until I am lacking no good thing. I know that in Your presence there is healing and wholeness. Teach me how to live in Your presence so that I can be made, and remain totally whole. 

Lord, Your Word tells me that “though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds” (2 Corinthians 10:3-4 NKJV). So I know that I cannot use my own human plans and methods to win any battles but instead I use Your mighty weapons. And today is my time to be bold and declare, in the name of Jesus, I pull down any stronghold the enemy has erected around me – the Lord sets me free and I am indeed free.

In the name of Jesus, I declare that for my sake, God “will not rest, until my righteousness goes forth as brightness, and my salvation as a lamp that burns” (Isaiah 62:1), makes darkness light before me “and crooked places straight” (Isaiah 42:16).

Lord, You have said in Your Word that “whoever walks wisely in Your Word will be delivered” (Proverbs 28:26): I boldly declare that I will walk with wisdom and find full deliverance, in Jesus’ mighty name above all names, in heaven, on earth, and under the earth, Amen†






Prayer Focus: Pulling Down Strongholds – Time to be Bold



(Adapted from a prayer by Stormie Omartian)

No comments:

Post a Comment