Saturday, 29 August 2026

Different Perspectives

 


In reading the Gospels it’s clear that they, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all had different perspectives of the same event. And this reminded me of a discussion I had with a dear friend who was adamantly disagreeing with my understanding of a certain passage of Scripture.

The truth is, some people don’t always agree with what I write or say and that’s quite okay with me. Scripture is meant to be discussed. Everyone’s understanding is seldom at the same level so, what you may see is not necessarily what someone else sees and that’s really okay.

In dealing with the biblical, we must take into consideration that people will have different perspectives. We are not all going to be on the same page even if we are on the same page of the bible. And, as I’m sure you know, you can read a chapter today and a year, a month, a week or a day from now, you’ll have a completely different perspective.

The bible is the Living Word of God, it isn’t static, it’s active (see Hebrews 4:12), moving as you move and growing as you grow; it matches your level of understanding. So, when someone’s perspective is different from yours, neither of you should get uptight about that.

Perspectives, like the Living Word, are not fixed; perspectives can change, as 1 Corinthians 13:11 (ERV) states, 

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, and I made plans like a child. When I became a man, I stopped those childish ways.

The same way you grow up in the flesh, you grow up in the Spirit (see Hebrews 5:12-14). So, even as an adult, depending on your life experiences, your perspectives can change. People react differently to the same exact situation. I’m sure you can relate to that.

Beloved, what’s most important, is having a healthy perspective that’s rooted in the Truth. Your study of God’s Word must be Spirit-led. 

But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. (John 16:13 NASB)

Your perspective from the mountaintop is going to be different from your perspective from the valley.

Amen 








Shelley Johnson “Different Perspectives” © 2026 August 28, 2026

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment