Friday 15 April 2016

Financial Wealth



"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19 NKJV)

The Lord supplies all your needs and that even includes your financial needs. It is the Lord Who gives us the ability to gain wealth. Problems occur when we, like the rich young ruler (Matthew 19:16-30; Mark 10:17-31; Luke 18:18-30), cannot even observe the very first Commandment. When our love of money supercedes all else, including God.

Keep in mind Paul's warning to Timothy, "the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, in their eagerness to get rich, have wandered away from the faith and caused themselves a lot of pain." (1 Timothy 6:10 ISV)

We must be ever mindful that all we have is the Lord’s, a trust from Him to be used to fulfill His purpose in our lives and in the lives of those in need whom He places in our paths.


Let's pray...


My faithful Father, I come to You today, as my Provider, the Provider of all things and every good thing. Thank You for providing me with financial wealth so that I may meet all my needs and not be in debt. Thank You for unexpected income. Thank You that I am a lender and not a borrower. Thank You for filling my cup until it overflows with financial blessings. Thank You for giving me the ability to gain wealth, and for making me a financial blessing to those in need. 

Holy Spirit help me to remain mindful that it is the Lord Who gives me the power to gain wealth. 

Father, I do not habitually tithe, but I want to partake of the blessing that tithing carries. I commit today to tithe so that I may enjoy Your promise that if I bring my tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in Your house, You will open up the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing on me, so much, that I will not have enough room to receive it. This is Your promise to me upon which I stand firm. 

Lord of Heaven’s Armies, I thank You for rebuking the devourer for my sake. By the power of Your living Word, I declare that he will not destroy the fruits of my ground, neither shall my vine drop its fruit before the time in the field, I am a land of delight and all nations shall call me happy and blessed and everything I touch shall prosper. Praise God! 

Merciful Father, forgive me for being selfish and stingy and greedy. Forgive me for not being a cheerful giver and for unwise spending. Forgive me for creating unnecessary debt. Forgive me for the willful wasting of money. Forgive me for not remembering that every good gift comes from You, that it is all Yours. 

Holy Spirit, work in me to trust God completely concerning my finances. Teach me how to be a wise and faithful steward of all that my Father has entrusted to me. Remind me of anyone that I need to forgive, especially with regard to my finances and help me to be quick to forgive. 

Father, I pray that I will not yield to temptation but that You will deliver me from all kinds of evil. 

Now to You Lord, my Father, Creator of all that is seen and unseen, the One Who declares the end and the result from the beginning and all that is not yet done, be all honour and glory and majesty forever and ever, in the mighty Name of Jesus. Amen.






Financial Wealth  Shelley Johnson 14-Apr-2016 



No comments:

Post a Comment