Friday 1 January 2016

New Beginnings


“…anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” 2 Corinthians 5:17[NLT]

Our Abba, Father, is the God of new beginnings. He creates in us new hearts and renews right spirits within us so that we may live life anew. We go through different experiences along life’s journey and every time we go through the wilderness we come out all the stronger for it – stronger in faith, stronger in understanding, stronger in wisdom and stronger in character. We come out not as we went in but transformed and ready for the new thing that God has prepared us for – a new person, a new beginning – for we leave the old behind and enter into a whole new way of being.

“For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.” Isaiah 43:19[NLT]

Let us pray as we begin a new phase of the journey:

Abba, Father, thank You for new beginnings. Thank You for this brand new phase of my life’s journey. The last one was challenging at times but I know that You will not give me more than I can endure; I know that all these trials build me up spiritually and I thank You for the plan You have designed for my life. I pray for discipline to remain steadfast in Your plan and the power to get back up if ever I fall. Thank You Abba for being always at my side and for Your Holy Spirit who teaches me how to live my life for You. In Jesus Name, Amen.








New Beginnings ©2013 Shelley Johnson 25-Jun-13

No comments:

Post a Comment