Thursday 10 March 2016

Freedom From Anger

God knows that there will be times when we will become angry and has given instructions on how we are to deal with it in His Word. 

Ephesians 4:26 tells us to not sin when we are angry and not to remain in anger. We are further warned, in verse 27, that staying angry opens the door for the devil to gain a foothold in our lives. 

If we allow anger to take root in our hearts, we make room for the devil and he will seize that opportunity to create a stronghold. 

The Apostle Paul says, in Colossians 3:8, to “put away and rid yourselves [completely] of…anger, rage, bad feelings toward others, curses and slander, and foulmouthed abuse and shameful utterances from your lips!” 

Anger is a very negative emotion which can easily promote sin, so today let us pray in earnest for God to teach us how to take control of anger.

Pray... 

Almighty God, I realize that anger creates an atmosphere of bondage in my life. My desire is to be free from outbursts of anger and the energy that creates hostility. 

Lord at those times when anger wants to get the better of me, let me hear Your small still voice above the din of life, reminding me that I have no control of another’s behavior but I do have control over my own. I am aware that I can influence the reaction of others by the way I act. I confess that the way I react or act is always a choice.

Forgive me Lord for my ungodly behavior. Forgive me for using anger as an excuse for sin. Forgive me for returning evil for evil. Forgive me for my display of prideful anger. Lord, I forgive everyone who has offended me but if there is anyone in particular who I need to forgive, bring that person to mind and cause me to be quick to forgive them. 

Teach me how to live above the level of temptation and deliver me from evil.

All this I pray in the Name of Jesus. Amen.






Freedom From Anger ©2013 Shelley Johnson 5-Feb-2013





No comments:

Post a Comment