Thursday 17 September 2015

Anxiety

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)

If only we would stop focusing on the situation and look upward. God is right here. Christ has risen. The Spirit has been poured out. They are all present with you right now so, do not be anxious. Anxiety saps your strength and is the result of looking away from God. God loves you and cares for you deeply and wants you to be at peace. God is at your side, turn to Him, present your requests to Him, let Him know everything, and thank Him.




Anxiety ©2013 Shelley Johnson 5-Feb-13



Let us pray...


Oh Holy and Most Merciful Father, I love and adore You. I cherish the relationship that I have with You and I thank You for Your wonderful Son, my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

I come before You this day to give You thanks and praise for where I am right now and for all that You have done and are doing in my life but Father, as You know, it is sometimes difficult for me not to be anxious. I ask You now to calm my spirit and fill me with Your strength, courage, and patience. Help me to focus on You and You alone.

Help me to always remember that You work in the supernatural realm, so that what I may see in the natural has no bearing on what is happening in the supernatural.

Help me always to live by faith and not by sight.

Help me not to concern myself with matters too great or awesome for me but to be still and quiet and wait on You Lord with confidence because I know that You, Who made the promise, are faithful. 

My confidence in You, Lord, carries a great and glorious compensation of reward, for this, I am truly grateful.

Father, thank You for listening to me and answering my prayers. I will not be anxious, because I know, with unwavering assurance, that Your peace which transcends all understanding, guards my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.

I love You Father. Thank You for filling me with Your Love and for allowing me to place all my concerns, cares and anxieties upon You.

In the Name of Your Beloved Son, my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment