Wednesday 23 September 2015

“I AM the Door”

Jesus’ third “I AM” statement, “I AM the Door” [John 10:7], is yet another grace-filled claim of Jesus to give us a better understanding of just who He is. Remember, knowing who Jesus is provides clarity about our own identity, eternity and our relationship with God, our heavenly Father.

Jesus’ claim as being the Door is not ambiguous. Seeing Him as the Door allows us to visualize Jesus in a very practical way. Let’s look at a door for a moment. 

We know that a door gives us access into somewhere; there is always something on the other side of a door; doors make a difference to any structure and it provides protection from intruders.

When Jesus proclaimed to be the Door, He was claiming to be all these things and so much more. Through the Door, we gain access to God, the one and only way to the Father. Jesus is our access into safety with God – through the blood-stained Door, Jesus Christ [Exodus 12:22-23], our refuge from the destroyer.

On one side of the Door is sin, on the other salvation. Jesus offers us an exit from a life of sin and entrance into His holiness. As we go through the Door into salvation, we enter into the new life God is calling us to. 

On the other side of the Door, there is new life in Christ. In Christ, God has provided everything needed to restore man to full fellowship with Him. The cross has swung the door wide open, giving us access to covenant relationship with God.


Have you walked through the Door? If you haven’t, here’s a prayer to guide you through:

Jesus, I know that I have sinned against You so many times; in my thoughts, my words and things that I have done. I am truly sorry Lord, and now I’m asking You to forgive me. Jesus, I believe that You are the Son of God. I believe that You died on the cross to pay for my sins. I believe that You are the Door to salvation. Amen.

Jesus, the Door, is the only way to eternal salvation.

Amen†







“I AM the Door” [John 10:7] ©2013 Shelley Johnson 29-Apr-13



No comments:

Post a Comment