Thursday 10 December 2015

Prayers of Comfort


Our God cares about us and wants us never to be without comfort. He has given us a Comforter that is always with us, His Holy Spirit.

“And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may remain with you forever.” – John 14:16

Remember, God knows what is going on in our lives, He is our ever-present Comforter in times of need and will come to us as we pray.


Pray...

Lord, be my Comfort:

Lord I pray that Your unfailing love will be my comfort in this time of distress. Thank You for taking note of me. I will keep my eyes on You Lord because I know that You are my only consolation. Forgive me for looking to others for the comfort I should be seeking from You. All praise and glory to You, O Lord of my comfort, in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


The source of my comfort:

I bless You God, my Father for Your compassion toward me and I thank You for being the source of my comfort. In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.


Comfort in a Season of Trial:

Lord I thank You that through Jesus, the Spirit of Comfort was given. I pray that during this time of trial, Your same Spirit will comfort my heart and strengthen it in every good work and word.

Lord, even though this is a very disheartening time, I rest assured that this season of trial shall soon pass. I thank You that through it all, Jesus, in Whose Name I pray, will be glorified. Amen.


Being a comfort:

I praise You O God, Father of compassion and God of all comfort, for comforting me in all my troubles. I thank You that because of the comfort I receive from You, I now know what it is to be comforted and am able to comfort others. Let every word that I speak bring comfort to those who hear. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.








Prayers of Comfort by Shelley Johnson ©2013 8-Feb-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment